Answered
SDK Bug - Additional Buttons Appearing in Scene

1. Additional buttons (with no text) are appearing during moments of branching. For instance, there are supposed to be two buttons with text and, in the scene, you will see three buttons total - two with text and one without. When these are deleted in the SDK, they automatically reappear.

2. The one set of buttons that we programmed into the scene as options, are also appearing at the end of the scene in VR, after the final line of dialog. Within the SDK, there is no indication that there would be buttons here, and as a result, no way to delete them.

SDK version 0.017.003

Posted 1 years ago
Edited 1 years ago

Adding screenshots would be valuable for posts like this in the future. Of both the meeting inspector and the scene view when the problem occurs. Plus any other screenshots you might think are related Brennan Hatton   1 years ago Report
Votes Newest

Answers 4

This problem is a bug with the MeetingManager Edtior script. This problem happens when you have the button event open while running the app.

The temporary solution for now is to minimise the event before hitting run.

Event Open looks like this:

Event Closed looks like this:

Posted 1 years ago
Edited 1 years ago

Issue appears to stem from the scenario type being branching instead of meeting. Once a new meeting scene was created the event branching worked and no extra buttons were displayed at the end of the dialog.

The extra button line appearing at the end of the play through continues.

Posted 1 years ago
Edited 1 years ago

Yes, the branching scenes are now obsolete. I kept them in, in-case they made a backup option. However, were not fully tested as I dont expect to keep them supported in the future. Brennan Hatton   1 years ago Report

Using meeting scenes instead of branching scenes is correct. Brennan Hatton   1 years ago Report

Update on multiplying buttons auto-populating scenes:

I recently built a scenario that included branching via buttons. I made sure to create the scenario as a meeting scene and compiled my dialog lines and buttons in the inspector, as usual. Once I was done creating the scene, I hit "prepare for build" and went into VR for UX testing. In VR, I saw some tweaks that needed to be made, made them, hit "prepare to build" and went into VR again. I did this a handful of times. Each time I did, the number of buttons in the scene grew and eventually even began appearing in the mirror scene of a different scenario.

Photo reference found here: https://imgur.com/WQwkcXM

From the Inspector, I could see an increasing number of button fields appearing in the original meeting scene (note: not in the inspector of the aforementioned mirror scene). I would remove these button fields from the inspector and they would simply reappear and grow once I hit 'Prepare for build' and went into VR again.

Inspector with auto-populating button fields seen here: https://imgur.com/mIxt1g3

Posted 1 years ago
Edited 1 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I will looking into this. Brennan Hatton   1 years ago Report

This has been fixed in the latest version of the SDK 0.018.001

Posted 1 years ago