Answered
Hit Play to Test: Buttons not appearing where I placed them in the Editor view

I am in the process of testing the optimal positioning of my buttons in a scene. In the scene editor, they appear like this (this position is what I intend to test):

However, when I hit Prepare to Build --> Play, the buttons appear near the floor:

How do I resolve this?

Posted 1 years ago
Votes Newest

Answers

**Step 1: ** Since I am not testing in a headset and calibrating my height at the onset of the test, the program is assuming that my height is zero. A solution to this would be to adjust the 'Instance_minimum Height' within the 'Auto Height Adjust (script)' component. Here is where to find that:

In the Hierarchy: Equal Reality Tools Advanced GUIs VRUI Branching Default (or your own set of custom buttons) Now move over to the Inspector: Auto Height Adjust (Script) Instance_minimum Height (start at 1.5/1.6 and play with this number until it suits your needs)

**Step 2: ** If the buttons are not facing the user's head, do the following:

In the Hierarchy: Equal Reality Tools Advanced GUIs VRUI Branching Default (or your own set of custom buttons) Now move over to the Inspector: VRUI_Multiple Choice (Script) 'Edit in Script Inspector' Using Control F, search LookAt Find the following line of code: EqualReality.User.EqualRealityUser.instance.gameObject.transform Change gameObject.transform to head

There will 2 instances in which you will need to change the script.

Posted 1 years ago